I am so thankful to work for a church that allows me to take time away and learn about how to be more effective at my job! Last week I attended the Center For Church Communication's Certification Lab in Dallas, TX. The lab is a 2-day intensive study into the latest trends and strategies in the field of Church Communications.
This year's speakers included (in no particular order):
- Gerry True - Communications Arts Leader, Oak Hills Church in San Antonio, TX
- Kelley Hartnett - Director of Culture & Connection, The Way in St. Louis, MO
- Stephen Brewster - Creative Arts Pastor, Cross Point Church in Nashville, TN
- Phil Bowdle - Creative Arts Director, West Ridge Church in Dallas, GA
- Mark MacDonald - Church Brand Strategist, beknownforsomething.com
So what did I learn? Here are my top 10 takeaways from the conference: